What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple’s future iWatch might be fitness-oriented

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
screen-shot-2013-07-17-at-12-09-41-pm.png

More information is revealed about the forthcoming iWatch this week, and it refers to what has been promoted in the media about the purposes of the smartwatch. According to the latest information, Apple is bringing together experts in the software engineering, medical sensors and fitness fields to help create the device. These recent hires indicate that in all probability, the upcoming iWatch will be a fitness-oriented device.

This scenario has already been on the minds of many, like KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo who pointed out that the iWatch will be worn around the wrist for a more specific reason than just telling the time. Instead, it will pick up certain biometrics related to the user’s health.

But aren’t similar devices already offering such service? One example is the Nike FuelBand. More than that, Apple CEO Tim Cook has already admitted being a user of the FuelBand and suggested that sensors providing biometrics will become a big thing over time. Such non-invasive sensors are said to be able to track the levels of certain substances and fluids in the body, such as glucose levels.

“The whole sensor field is going to explode. It’s a little over the place right now. With the arc of time it will become clearer.”

These are all rumors so far, but 9to5Mac, which was the first to report the information, heard that Jay Blahnik, a consultant with the team that developed the FuelBand as well as the Kinect Training project, was added to the Apple payroll.

Other important pawns that will be joining the iWatch team are Senior Vice President of Technologies Bob Mansfield, chief of Design and Human Interfaces Jonathan Ive, Senior Vice President of Software Engineering Craig Federighi and others. With such an all-star team, we can’t help but wonder what’s Apple really up to. It must be something way above the FuelBand, which probably serves as inspiration at the moment.

Source: 9to5Mac

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This works for me! I'm so wanting this [I know -- half of you think a phone is a substitue for a watch -- but I disagree]. I just hope they have at least one model with a decent, non-flashy color scheme.

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I love my MetaWatch, I would jump on a iWatch in a heart beat. I really like getting my e-mails, texts, caller ID, weather and calendar on my wrist so I am not always pulling my phone out of my pocket. Having a native Apple product that does the same would be even sweeter.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope these rumors will come true. hehehe. I dont know if i'll buy an iWatch since I already have iPhone and iPad. But its such a beauty ♥

cwinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure why this is even called a watch...if they put four wheels on an iPhone are we calling it a car?

I have not seen any feature list on here (other than the fact it can be worn on your wrist) that would compel me to believe that I need this in addition to a cell phone.

Most reactions

Latest posts