What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple’s Cupertino “Spaceship†Has Lift Off with Council Green Light

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
cupertino_building.JPG

MacRumors reports today that following on from Steve Jobs’ speech to the Cupertino City Council regarding Apple’s proposed new gigantic space-age campus in Cupertino, the Mayor, Gilbert Wong has held a press conference and released a statement to confirm that the Council will be giving the green light to Apple’s plans. “There is no chance we are saying noâ€, stated Wong. MacRumors notes that the proposal will still have to go in front of environmental and public hearings, but Wong has said that the council will be providing more staff to help with the process. During his presentation of plans for the stunning building, designed to accommodate up to 12,000 employees, Steve Jobs made a point of mentioning that Apple plans to almost double the number of trees planted in the vicinity, as well as taking care of other environmental considerations. Jobs also said that he thought architects would come from all over the world to marvel at the breathtaking circular edifice when it was eventually completed, hopefully by 2015.

Cupertino Council has set up a page where you can view the progress of the plans here, and also download a PDF file of Steve Jobs’ presentation slides.

Source: Cupertino Certain to Approve Apple's Spaceship Campus - Mac Rumors

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Maura! It was a great video! I watched it yesterday. A beautiful building with loads of trees and paths. Certainly looked better than what is there now! An asset to Cupertino, I think, but cheeky to ask for free wifi.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

rofthorax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How are they going to stuff 12,000 people in that thing. Note the size of some stadiums.

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FEwHk9Ap7I&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - ‪City of Cupertino Apple Campus Press Conference‬‏[/ame]

rofthorax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that blah blah blah..

This is like the press packet that the press drop in the nearest trashcan..

Most reactions

Latest posts