What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple’s beta iWork suite for iCloud now available to everybody with an Apple ID

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
icloud-130814-1.jpg

Those interested in checking out Apple’s new service iWork should know that they will be able to do so in no time. The beta version has already been rolled out to developers but in a few days everyone with an Apple ID will be able to take a sneak peak at the services.

iWork will offer three new services ​​called Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Logging in your iCloud.com account you will be able to immediately recognize the newly added icons due to the yellow banner placed in the left corner highlighting the Beta status. The services join the host of previously released services like Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders and Find My Phone.

For those who don’t have yet an Apple ID, they could sign up with the official Apple website. However, to access the new services, they would still need to activate the iCloud service on an Apple device. There’s no way around that.

iWork tools are of course rivaling with the Microsoft Office suite. They allow users to view, edit and create files like you would do on a Windows-powered PC and using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. iWorks provide much of the tools needed in most tasks. Apple stated that tablet editing, chart editing and version history will be added later on to Pages and Keynote. Support for different browsers will be provided as well.

The iWork apps have been announced back in June at the WWDC. Slowly, Apple has allowed access to the programs to selected users, but now they have spread availability to everybody.

Source: AppleInsider

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I started playing with Numbers a few days ago after creating my iCloud email. So far so good, worked really nice for me at work! I think I am really going to like the new feature! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a registered iOS Developer and have never had access to the new iWorks suite. Is access being restricted to certain developers only?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some folk got an invitation to use the new beta site. Just recently, I understand this beta site became open to everyone (as this news report says).

However, now I understand that, because of the fact that everyone now has the invitation to use/try out the site, Apple now has started limiting the access again because of "overwhelming" response.

So, it looks as if it may still be hard to get to the beta site to try it out. I'm sure that'll change... :)

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was invited to try this back in May if I remember correctly. In order to use the iWorks at its fullest, I needed to create an iCloud account which I did. It's a very nice tool to use, particularly since I do not have Numbers or Keynote. I like the easy to use format and able to convert/share to Word when I need to without a problem.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was invited to try this back in May if I remember correctly. In order to use the iWorks at its fullest, I needed to create an iCloud account which I did. It's a very nice tool to use, particularly since I do not have Numbers or Keynote. I like the easy to use format and able to convert/share to Word when I need to without a problem.

Must be for special people.......I'm not special..........

The Archangel

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't remember if I was invited, but I seem to be allowed to use it too. I saw it yesterday when I signed in to my iCloud account.

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is behind. Skydrive and Dropbox allow you to upload anything including music. iCloud is good for pictures and you have no pc or web interface

Most reactions