What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Watch orders

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who managed to get into the online store when it opened and ordered an Apple Watch?

I got in about 2 minutes after the store opened and managed to get a delivery date on the 24th.
image.jpg

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're lucky. I didn't realize that the store was working on the iPad before the iMac; so I started about 6 minutes late. My delivery date is sometime between the 13th -- 27th of May. I'm hoping for the earlier date, but since I don't have a watch maybe I won't notice the extra time. :)

It might also have something to do with ordering the Sports Space Gray model. I suspect it was both more limited and more popular than the other options.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also didn't go into the store. I went straight to the favourites section of my account where I had previously saved the watch I wanted and tapped "buy now" right there. The whole order took about 15-20 seconds.

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice selection, Good Watch. Whats included in Apple Care for Apple Watch...?
AppleCare+ for the Apple Watch covers the same things it does for the iPad. The basic warranty is extended to two years, two years of free telephone technical support, and up to two incidents of accidental damage.

Last edited:

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was surprised at how many time slots were available for trying on a few watches. I arrived half an hour early, and got to try some on 20 minutes before my scheduled appointment at 6:30pm. Then I got more than 15 minutes to try on different ones. The sales person didn't rush me at all. My ship date is June though, but it was worth it to try them on. I ended up completely disliking the one I had originally set my mind on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

justcecil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to me that Apple would extend the warranty to five years, based on the cost. One year is link a blink of the eye in watch years. Do they not think their product quality is only good for one year? Otherwise, I might had purchased one. My watch is over ten years old and still ticking.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm less interested in the Apple Watch as a timepiece and more interested in using it to replace my shiny new iPhone 6 when I'm traveling in the city (NYC).

I love my smartphone and I've immediately started using it for things that make it more convenient than using my iPad, but I'm truly looking forward to not having to fish my phone out of my bag and possibly dropping it every time I do.

I can't wait to test the quality of phone calls, Siri, and dictation on my Watch in real world conditions.

EdTheBook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who managed to get into the online store when it opened and ordered an Apple Watch?

I got in about 2 minutes after the store opened and managed to get a delivery date on the 24th. View attachment 63930

Why did it cost you so much? I ordered the same and it was $699. With tax the total came to $740

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For some strange reason, I feel compelled to stay home tomorrow.;)
image.jpg

Most reactions