What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Tv Device problems ?

OP
tbronson

tbronson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tbronson said:
nyone having problems with atv and ipad2 ?

I cant get ipad to play music only, to atv . looses sync. movies and music videos are fine. sent ipad 2 in and they said no problems. must be atv. iphone play music thru atv fine. thought ios5 would fix, it didnt.

zip255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes apt is having problems with the newest firmwear

OP
tbronson

tbronson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hope they fix it. spent 2 hrs on phone again. I bought ipad2 and atv mainly because of RR2Hd going wireless. Going to have ipad2 and the Atv ran thru diagnostics tomarrow, locally. I Kind of got rr2hd racing game going for a few seconds and saw what people have experienced about rr2 hd laging thru wifi and atv ." yikes" -- 1 frame per 10 seconds. So glad i still had my component cables. The kid that made the jail break - display out , stopped supporting iphone and display out stopped working after new ios versions.

The RR2 HD people said - get RR2HD ipad2 -game version and get an atv and then I would get to play rr2 hd wirelessly . so we took grandma out of the nursing home to buy ipad2-- $550.00 and a atv for $100 and find out rr2hd sucks playing wireless. oh well , I mounted the ipad2 on a driving wheel using velcro and hooked up my component cables again. works awsom now. but must give up the wireless gaming idea i guess . Toms thoughts

zip255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took mine back ,,,,, when apple fixes the update I'll buy a new one.

OP
tbronson

tbronson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok I finally figured the whole airplay ,atv , bad sync and lag problem I was having. Turns out, my lynksys roughter was not able to handle ipad2 ,fast enough. I went to apple store with my ipad2 and we connected to their wireless Roughter named Apple AirPort Extreme and their apple tv device. I then attemped to play rr2hd and was very please to see no lag !!!! and also other things like music played great with no drop outs. I quickly bought the Airport extreme roughter. This new apple roughter has been designed for the iphone , atv and the ipad2. it has to frequencies 2gig and 5 gig out put networks combined .Tom very happy now ha

zip255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I'll go back and buy it again , the update thing bothered me ,,,, I wouldn't work. My dsl is 40 meg down 20 up, so I doubt it's that. I might give it one more shot.

zip255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's a dsl modem q1000 apples website mentioned backing there firmware from 4.2.2 on the apple tv . Maybe it's fixed now. I'm heading to the apple store tomorrow if it's not too busy, it always seams like the day after thanksgiving in that place.

Most reactions