What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Treats Us to New iPad Wallpapers With iOS 5.1

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iOS_5_1_wallpapers.JPG

9to5 Mac has a nice surprise today with news of the early release by Apple of four new default wallpapers that are expected to come as standard with the iPad version of iOS 5.1, which is expected to appear with the iPad 3 sometime in 2012, possibly March, although that’s pure conjecture at this stage of course! This will come as great news for those of us who are looking for a change from the current default wallpapers and who can’t be bothered to install their own personal wallpapers! The four new themes are not especially groundbreaking, however, comprising two ocean wallpapers, waves beating against a sandy shore, and blades of grass. 9to5 Mac actually has the wallpapers available to download now via the link below, not just the iPad versions, but also smaller versions for the iPhone and iPod touch Retina. Simply click on the specific links at the bottom of the news story.

Source: Download Apple’s new iPad wallpapers coming in iOS 5.1 (iPhone versions, too!) | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maura said:
9to5 Mac has a nice surprise today with news of the early release by Apple of four new default wallpapers that are expected to come as standard with the iPad version of iOS 5.1, which is expected to appear with the iPad 3 sometime in 2012, possibly March, although thatÂ’s pure conjecture at this stage of course! This will come as great news for those of us who are looking for a change from the current default wallpapers and who canÂ’t be bothered to install their own personal wallpapers! The four new themes are not especially groundbreaking, however, comprising two ocean wallpapers, waves beating against a sandy shore, and blades of grass. 9to5 Mac actually has the wallpapers available to download now via the link below, not just the iPad versions, but also smaller versions for the iPhone and iPod touch Retina. Simply click on the specific links at the bottom of the news story.

Source: Download AppleÂ’s new iPad wallpapers coming in iOS 5.1 (iPhone versions, too!) | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Thank you, I didn't even look there.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update using iPF

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now, maybe some year they'll add automatic wallpaper switching like in OS X (and every other desktop and mobile device)

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can they treat us to the previous option on hiding SMSs and queued app shopping. Privacy is a growing issue in America and I hate going back and forth when I'm in a good app shopping mood. As for wallpapers, I enjoy the occasional shirtless male actor. Will there be any cute ones available?

Most reactions