What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple to Hold a Celebration of Steve Jobs’s Life on October 19 at Cupertino

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
64-albums3-picture136.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that according to the text of an email sent out by Apple CEO Tim Cook to Apple employees, Apple is planning to hold a celebration of Steve Jobs’ life on October 19 in the outdoor amphitheater on the Apple’s Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino. Here is the complete transcript of Cook’s very moving letter:

Team,
Like many of you, I have experienced the saddest days of my lifetime and shed many tears during the past week. But I’ve found some comfort in the extraordinary number of tributes and condolences from people all over the world who were touched by Steve and his genius. And I’ve found comfort in both telling and listening to stories about Steve.

Although many of our hearts are still heavy, we are planning a celebration of his life for Apple employees to take time to remember the incredible things Steve achieved in his life and the many ways he made our world a better place. The celebration will be held on Wednesday, October 19, at 10am in the outdoor amphitheater on the Infinite Loop campus. We’ll have more details on AppleWeb closer to the date, including arrangements for employees outside of Cupertino.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Tim

There is no word as to whether or not this is to be a celebration purely for Apple employees, or if maybe it will be beamed across the world for everyone to see.

Source: Apple plans celebration of Steve Jobs’ life for October 19th, 10am PT | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think it would go public, he is a legend to apple users, but aldo perhaps unknowingly to those non appledites as he also drove the other pad platform of other makers, it was he who made the idea workable and also set the bar others are still trying to beat.

The 1st portable PC made by Amstrad often called the 'clam luggable' was an innovation that eventually spawned laptops, the iPad was the next big departure.

so much is owed to his fore site and innovations, we have lost a truly brilliant man.

Most reactions