What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple to freeze vacation for store employees - big product coming

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-iphone-vacfreeze.jpg

It appears that Apple has sent out memo's to all retail Apple store locations letting their employees know that they are putting a blackout/freeze in all vacations for a 3 week window starting with the last week of January.

What is the reasoning for this? Logic and tradition seem to suggest that Apple only does this when a huge product is launched and they need all hands on deck. In addition to the vacation blackout they've kept all holiday season employees on hand to assist.

Our only guess as to what this could be would be the Verizon iPhone launch (or possibly the iPad 2, but that's not likely) - so.... all things being equal this seems to be yet another confirmation that Apple and Verizon have been working on this iPhone together.

More info @ iPhone 4 Forum

(Source: Apple Insider)

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

What's Verizon?, will it include UK customers and should i be excited?

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon is a CDMA based (as opposed to GSM) carrier in the US. It's nothing remotely interesting for the rest of the world :)

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish they'd setup with tmobile.

I am with you. I am about to purchase a Samsung Vibrant tomorrow because my Blackberry Bold 9700 is being left behind in the dust. I can't take it anymore.

I will be pissed if it comes out for T Mobile!:confused:

Sasha5113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AND, the "Refurbished iPod" page of the Apple store lists all six units with "Special Limited Time Price."

(Link on request!)

Sasha5113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AND, the "Refurbished iPod" page of the Apple store lists all six units with "Special Limited Time Price."
Change: after the news that Verizon has scheduled a p/c for Tuesday, the refurbished page now shows only the WiFi iPads at "Special Limited Time Price." :confused:

Most reactions