What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Suggests You Donate Your Old iPad to Teach For America

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Teach_for_America.JPG

MacNN reports today how Apple is giving you a gentle hint or nudge via its US online store’s main page to think about donating your old iPad to the Teach For America program, which ensures that your old iPad is given to a teacher in a low-income area of the US. The link to the charity's web site is actually in the top right-hand corner of the main page, just to the right of the giant white iPad 2, under the heading “Your old iPad can help teach kids a thing or two.†MacNN says that if you are interested in donating your first iPad, you should ask your local Apple store to find out more details about the “iPads for Classrooms†program. You can click here to learn more about Teach for America, which was founded by Wendy Kopp, who raised $2.5 million of start-up funding for the organisation when she was 21 years old back in 1990.

Source: Apple offers original iPad donation program | MacNN

l..k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings hearing this. Company which earns ~$450 net income per each iPad sold just give you an idea how to make "an excuse to yourself" why would you need to buy another iPad. That's brilliant! They will earn another $450 and the children.. do you think they really care? If they do they can offer something more fair to it's customers "donate your old iPad and we will sell you the new one for half the price".

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
l..k said:
I have mixed feelings hearing this. Company which earns ~$450 net income per each iPad sold just give you an idea how to make "an excuse to yourself" why would you need to buy another iPad. That's brilliant! They will earn another $450 and the children.. do you think they really care? If they do they can offer something more fair to it's customers "donate your old iPad and we will sell you the new one for half the price".

I don't think they are asking you to buy one just to give your old one away but, in my humble opinion, fair play to them for making the suggestion......it's just one of those cases for damned if they do and damned if they don't. For what it's worth there is another thread on here showing how they are helping their staff and families out in Japan.

The Archangel

Kevin1963

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I do like your idea of getting the new one for 1/2 price if you donate your old one, but I don't see them doing it. The old ones have only been out for a year, and I think it's just too pricey to just donate it. It's a great idea but realistically I don't see them getting much of a response for this program. It will be interesting to see how many they actually do get from the donations.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Why does your post seem to be only concerned with what you are not getting?

Most reactions

Latest posts