What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Said to be Planning to Launch Games Console

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
64-albums3-picture136.JPG

According to an exclusive story on Cult of Mac, Apple is planning to launch its own living room Kinect/Wii-style games console, and this is the reason why Apple CEO Tim Cook was seen to be visiting the headquarters of gaming giants Valve last week. I have to admit, the fact that Cook was visiting Valve didn’t strike me as being of particular note when I first read about it, I mean who wouldn’t want to visit Valve, even if just to say “thanks very much for Half-Life, I love you all!â€? Visiting games companies is fun, they have lots of cool stuff around and you get to play games and talk to cool people about awesome things, so why wouldn’t Tim Cook want to visit Valve?! Doesn’t necessarily mean that Valve and Apple are planning something together. Or does it? Well, according to Cult of Mac, it does indeed mean something, and that something is very exciting! In fact, Cult of Mac says that Apple is “planning a full-on assault to take over the living room,†and this will not just include the long-forecast Apple TV set, but also a “revolutionary home consoleâ€. Cult of Mac’s sources tell them that the new Apple TV set that the company is working on will have an iTunes-integrated touch screen remote, as well as Siri-esque voice command capabilities, and it will also come with an “Apple-branded, Kinect-like video game console.†According to Cult of Mac, the console’s interface will be based around motion and touch control. Just imagine, being able to play all those amazing new iOS games that are being developed, on a console that was made for them, but with physical controllers. Adding even more fuel to the fire is the fact that recent job postings from Valve have suggested that the company is working on some sort of games hardware project. Cult of Mac says that the new TV set, and presumably the new console too, will be on sale by the end of the year.

Source:
Why Apple CEO Tim Cook Met With Valve [Exclusive] | Cult of Mac

Most reactions