What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Responds to Adobe’s Blog Post

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
adobe-logo42310.jpg

Well we all knew this was coming! Apple has today issued a rare rebuttal to Adobe product manager Mike Chambers’ blog post about Flash and Apple yesterday, in which he said that Adobe would be turning their attention to developing tools for Apple rivals such as Google Android.
According to a report in today’s Daily Telegraph, Trudy Miller, a spokesperson for Apple, responded to Chambers’ comments by saying “someone has it backwards.†She then went on to say the following: “It is HTML5, CSS, JavaScript and H264, all supported by the iPhone and the iPad, that are open and standard, while Adobe’s Flash is closed and proprietary.â€
Ouch! This one looks like it’s going to run and run, as CNET also reported yesterday that Google are not exactly being shy about their involvement with Adobe either, according to the following quote from a blog post by Andy Rubin, vice president of engineering for the Android effort:
“Google believes that developers should have their choice of tools and technologies to create applications. By supporting Adobe AIR on Android we hope that millions of creative designers and developers will be able to express themselves more freely when they create applications for Android devices.â€

By Maura Sutton
[Source: Telegraph.co.uk: news, business, sport, the Daily Telegraph newspaper, Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph, www.cnet.com]

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is just talking, how Adobe can turn back from Apple … just imagine the business they made with PS, AI and the creative suite … if they try to intimidate Apple i think they go in the wrong way ..

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adobe needs Apple more than Apple needs Adobe. Once they accept that, they might be able to move on and accept that their old model of programming is not sustainable for the future.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once both Apple and Adobe stop acting like 3rd graders throwing a fit, the customer will be much better off.

Just think if this ridiculous feud wasn't happening, we would be able to view Flash content on our iPads.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once both Apple and Adobe stop acting like 3rd graders throwing a fit, the customer will be much better off.

Just think if this ridiculous feud wasn't happening, we would be able to view Flash content on our iPads.

Agreed. Me - as a user - I don't care, if Adobe's flash is proprietary or not. I want to watch whatever content on my iPhone or iPad. Trouble is, that Adobe's flash is big as hell and I don't have the time and the money to wait for 4-5+ MB flash-intro, -movie, etc. while I'm on the road.
This is totally inappropriate.

Flash is great on a desktop or laptop, because there you can expect a fast link. But on a mobile device........

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Apple Responds to Adobe’s Blog Post

kheldour said:
Agreed. Me - as a user - I don't care, if Adobe's flash is proprietary or not. I want to watch whatever content on my iPhone or iPad. Trouble is, that Adobe's flash is big as hell and I don't have the time and the money to wait for 4-5+ MB flash-intro, -movie, etc. while I'm on the road.
This is totally inappropriate.

Flash is great on a desktop or laptop, because there you can expect a fast link. But on a mobile device........

Spot on comment we donot need it I have iPhone 3gs since aug 2009 have not needed flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple cannot kill Adobe. What can kill Adobe is to continue with expensive large products that can be replaced with better basic products. In the past few years we have seen several mainstay software companies fold because they became irrelevant. In a lot of cases, they tried to keep adding features which were not needed. The public wants basic programs that are less expensive.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple cannot kill Adobe. What can kill Adobe is to continue with expensive large products that can be replaced with better basic products. In the past few years we have seen several mainstay software companies fold because they became irrelevant. In a lot of cases, they tried to keep adding features which were not needed. The public wants basic programs that are less expensive.
You're totally right about that.

What my instincts tell me when Titans fight is just to "get out of the way" pronto.

I remember a time when Adobe and poscript printers saved Apple's butt. Then Pagemaker then Photoshop...

I really think it's arrogant to wish a former ally away and use, that's it, use customers against Adobe like a weapon.

They're both good companies and stronger together...

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't stand flash anyway, when I'm going to a website I want the data I'm looking for there and don't want to waste time with your stupid animated graphics and music.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't stand flash anyway, when I'm going to a website I want the data I'm looking for there and don't want to waste time with your stupid animated graphics and music.
I've been used to this for surfing the internet with a small Linux laptop. No Flash site winds up in my preferences. But surprisingly the sites I go to almost never use Flash, so I never got to bycott sites but one...

auspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
adobe will either die, or succumb then adopt to what apple needs it to be

apple has killed alot of companies in the past, most of which they sucked dry-destroyed-sweep under the carpet

Most reactions

Latest posts