What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple now Charging for out-of-warranty Chat Support, $20 per Incident

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple-chat-paid-543x600.png

Apple is known to be a company that looks after its customers and provides one of the best support in the world. But this new move won’t be lauded by too many. According to the 9to5Mac publication, it seems that Apple has started charging for out-of-warranty online chat support. Apple wanted to roll out the paid chat support earlier this month, but it has been having difficulties with the payment system. Here’s how the new payment system would work:

How it will work is I will be able to send you a link in our Chat that you would be able to follow. From that link you will then be taken to an Apple website that will allow you to put int your Credit Card information to make the payment. Afterwards it will update in my system showing me that you have payed for the coverage and that you’re now eligible for support… That is actually where we are having a bit of trouble today, in sending the link as it is now showing up as it should. Once it is working properly however it is a very simple process.

As you can see in the above screenshot, it seems that you will have to pay $20 per incident. However, Apple employees have mentioned that there might be certain exceptions, such as iCloud issues and accidental damage cases where users just want to setup a repair or replacement.

Apple is also introducing a new training program for AppleCare employees called “Here to Help†in order to improve the overall AppleCare support experience. What do you think about this change? Have you ever had to talk with Apple’s support employees via chat after your warranty has expired?

Source: iPhoneforums

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess so. Whatever they need to do. I wouldn't likely use it anyways but you'd like to think that they'd keep things like this free when their devices are already priced at a premium level. So be it.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would do great for places without apples stores. Would do great to me. It took me days to get a reply from apple. Thus could help.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Money money money

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

Most reactions