What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple logo when I wake up the ipad

deepakvrao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that it comes when you press home & power together, but sometimes when I press home to switch on the ipad, I get the apple logo, and have to wait a while before I can get it awake. Normal?

On another note, should you wake it up with the power button or home button?

Regards,

Deepak

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you shut it off, instead of putting it to sleep. On iPad 1 and 2, I've not seen the Apple logo when waking. I use either the Home key or the power button to wake. I go weeks, if not months, without shutting off.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that it comes when you press home & power together, but sometimes when I press home to switch on the ipad, I get the apple logo, and have to wait a while before I can get it awake. Normal?

On another note, should you wake it up with the power button or home button?

Regards,

Deepak

The Apple logo will show up with both a restart (press/hold power, slide off) and a reset (press/hold home+power for >10 seconds until Apple logo appears).

If the iPad has gone to sleep, pressing home+slide will wake it up. If it was powered off, pressing the power button turns it back on.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As Kaykaykay suggested, it looks like you might have pressed the Power button a little too long and switched the iPad off rather than putting it to sleep.

There are several ways you can 'wake up' the iPad.

(1) Press the Power switch
(2) Press the Home button
(3) Slide the Mute switch from 'mute' to 'not muted' (doesn't work sliding it from 'not muted' to 'mute'
(4) If you have a paired Bluetooth keyboard, then activating the keyboard will take the iPad straight from sleep to the Home screen - bypassing even the slider control!! (Bad news if you have 'Autolock' set to 'Never' and happen to accidentally activate the Bluetooth keyboard when the case is hiding the screen - the iPad switches on - no 'slider' control to confirm you want it to switch on - auto lock is set to never, the battery eventually runs flat...:(

Tim

Most reactions