What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple launches its first Apple Store app for iPad

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
img_0099.png

More than three years ago, Apple debuted a dedicated Apple Store app for the iPhone and now the Cupertino company is releasing its very first Apple Store app for the iPad. The Apple Store iPad app is U.S.-only for the moment and comes high-quality images and context-aware panels that bring an exceptional user experience.

Matthew Panzarino with TechCrunch has a detailed review of the app, here’s what he thinks of it:

That’s a lot of words dedicated to what is essentially a storefront dedicated to the device it sells. But it’s also one of the most continuously successful storefronts in the world. Though Apple has many detractors, almost none will say that their retail operation isn’t one of the best in the world. Though the iPhone app is decent, and Apple’s website is one of the most highly trafficked of any out there, the new iPad version of the store will become the new benchmark for buying experiences.

Among the most important features of the new Apple Store app for iPad are the gesture-based user interface and the listing of trending products. The individual product detail pages utilize a split pane view that is similar to the one found in the iPad-based smart displays in Apple's retail stores.

Of course, Apple customers can use the app to purchase and customize products, such as engraving for iPads and iPods or choose a in-store Personal Pickup purchase. When compared to the similar iPhone app, though, Apple's iPad app lacks the EasyPay and location-aware Genius Bar check-ins functions.

Source: TechCrunch

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, cool!!

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. With the phone app, you give it your username password and you can check the status of your order inside the app. With this "ipad" app, you give it the same into and it pops you into safari and then asks for the exact same info again. Argh!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While the new iPad version of the Apple Store app is not yet available in Canada, the iPhone version of the app, which previously worked perfectly on the iPad has been rendered unusable by a pop up which says to download the, as yet, nonexistent Canadian version if the iPad Apple Store app. This pop up cannot be dismissed and it has rendered the app completely unusable for iPads in Canada.

This is what you see if you open the iPhone version of the Apple Store app on an iPad.

image-4251744746.jpg

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I tried to open the iPhone version of the apple store app, which I have been using for a long time on my iPads, and now it won't work. It says to open the iPad version of the app. I'm not happy.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GOSH, you guys don't miss a BEAT, do you? I was just going to share that I discovered the new apple store app for iPad lol... I guess this must be new. For some crazy reason I decided to click on the app link that every Internet store front on the planet is always dying for you to do and voila FINALLY there was an apple store for iPad!!! How long has this been around?

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Most reactions