What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Issues Invites for March 2 iPad 2 Launch Event

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ipad2launchinvite.JPG

Looks like that report yesterday from Kara Swisher on All Things Digital was completely 100 percent spot on, as Jim Dalrymple on The Loop reports today that he and other journalists have received their invites from Apple to the iPad 2 launch event, which, just as Swisher predicted, will be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts at 10:am on Wednesday March 2. And just in case there’s anyone still sceptical out there that this is for the launch of the iPad 2, well just take a look at the invite, which clearly shows an iPad underneath the turned-back corner! After all the speculation, it’s pretty exciting to think that the launch of the iPad 2 is just one week away! So, who’s planning to get one then, bearing in mind that it will most likely only be available in the US for the next few months or so? Thoughts?!

Source: The Loop Apple announces iPad 2 event for March 2

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now we can finally be in the know ;)
But spreading unfounded rumors based on speculation and wishful thinking is so much more fun!

LOL. Seems to be the case, eh?? I'm like, wow, an actual press event saying the actual real device is truly being released. So cool-will read about it on 3/2. I haven't doubted there would be an iPad 2, but yeah, wow, the rumors on release dates never cease. Then you hear the release date was delayed, but no wait, how can that be a delay when it was never announced yet first to be the release date yet, and so it goes on and on.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now we can finally be in the know ;)
But spreading unfounded rumors based on speculation and wishful thinking is so much more fun!

LOL. Seems to be the case, eh?? I'm like, wow, an actual press event saying the actual real device is truly being released. So cool-will read about it on 3/2. I haven't doubted there would be an iPad 2, but yeah, wow, the rumors on release dates never cease. Then you hear the release date was delayed, but no wait, how can that be a delay when it was never announced yet first to be the release date yet, and so it goes on and on.

I meant to say--wow, the rumors on release dates/general announcements that the product is being released, etc

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Heres the question I have...who will announce the iPad 2?

I'd love to see jobs announce it, iPad is his baby, he met the president a few weeks ago so hopefully his strength has continued to increase since then.

If not jobs, may be cook, or phil schiller.

I do think that iPad 2 will be an evolutionary update, however jobs with jobs there, it will be all more special.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
9X faster Graphics, 2x faster processor. WHITE AND BLACK shipping day 1. New case/cover. Looks sick. OS 4.3 ships with iPad 2. Same prices. Cameras, front and rear (no specs yet) photo booth looks great, you can manipulate effects by touch.

Most reactions

Latest posts