What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple id

dponeill99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My father bought me my Ipad2 for Xmas. He decided to open it up and throw a few apps on using his ID. I have deleted and reinstalled apps to resolve this issue. For apps which are not removable, I cannot update. I prefer not to use his ID. How can I change these apps over to my ID. I believe this also causing me issues with face time and message apps.

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The build in apps (that can not be removed) do not care about your Apple ID, nor do they update via the App Store. They only get updated when the OS is updated.

As for your account, go to each of the stores (iTunes, App Store, iBook Store) scroll to the bottom of the first tab. You should see a button, probably with your Dad's Apple ID in it. Tap on the button to sign out. Tap on it again and sign into your own account. It has to be done separately in each store.

You should also visit Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts and Settings > iCloud to make sure nothing was set up there; and to set up your own accounts of course.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh yes, the FaceTime and Messages apps get associated with an Apple ID in their settings too. Go there and sign out and back in with yours, pretty much the same way you did with the iStores.

Most reactions

Latest posts