What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple giftcards: itunes vs appstore vs ibooks

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I'm a bit confused. I know apple has several kinds of giftcards, iTunes, App Store, and iBooks. But is each restricted to only work with that specific app? Or does one size fit all?

Basically, can I buy an "iBooks" gift card, and buy apps with it? Or do I specifically need to get the "app store" gift card.

Thanks in advance

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No matter how they're labeled, you can buy anything with a gift card -- apps, music, books, movies, audiobooks.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I thought. And the in app purchases in games and other apps, would they deduct from the gift card credit? Or would it charge to my credit card?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
Thanks, that's what I thought. And the in app purchases in games and other apps, would they deduct from the gift card credit? Or would it charge to my credit card?

If you have the iTunes credit, it will use that first over a credit card on file. Personally, I removed my credit card details and only go with iTunes gift cards. Here they are often on sale - you can sometimes pick up 2 x $20 cards for $30 - that's a whopping $10 iTunes credit for free!

Most reactions

Latest posts