What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Expected to Shift More Than A Million New iPads on March 16

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
new_iPad.JPG

Well-known Piper Jaffray expert Apple analyst Gene Munster has today announced that he expects Apple to sell more than one million iPads this coming Friday, March 16. Yes, that’s one million iPads in one day! AppleInsider reports that Munster made his pronouncement in a note to investors on Monday. The staggering figure of one million-plus would be a massive increase on the 300,000 first-generation iPads sold on the first ever iPad launch day back in 2010. Already there are signs that Munster could be right on the money for his sales projection, with AppleInsider reporting in another news story that online shipping orders for the new iPad have now slipped to ‘2-3 weeks’. This is for all models. [/FONT]

"Customer response to the new iPad has been off the charts and the quantity available for pre-order has been purchased. Customers can continue to order online and receive an estimated delivery date,†said an Apple spokesperson in a statement issued by Apple to address the massive demand for the new iPad.

[FONT=&amp]Source: Apple projected to sell at least 1 million of new iPad on launch day[/FONT]

AirPlayit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks you for the information. One million new iPads in one day!

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet!! Happy to say that I'm one of the million! After some effort, I finally completed my online order about 4 hours after the announcement. Apple Online Store was jammed and timing out. I got the WiFi/32GB this time. Ran out of space long ago on my 16GB. Started deleting music and apps to make room for books and documents for work!! :-/

Can't wait!! Looking forward to the retina display, extra horsepower, and more room!!

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mill , I day , worldwide ? Not surprised. Any other brand doing those numbers would surprise me .

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Slimseven said:
I mill , I day , worldwide ? Not surprised. Any other brand doing those numbers would surprise me .

Imagine how much $$$ that's worth!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Most reactions