What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Could Bring Split-screen Multitasking for iPad Users in iOS 8

J.O.D.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I know that. The thing is, when using note taking apps with handwriting (such as Mobile Noter, Notes++ etc.) you have to disable the iOS gestures, as they are interferring with handwriting, palm rejection etc. So copying some text from one app to add it to the note requires the home button. In split screen mode, it would not.

You can use a four finger swipe right or left to cycle through open apps without having to touch the home button. It's not a split screen multitask but it does get from one app back to another pretty quickly.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So copying some text from one app to add it to the note requires the home button. In split screen mode, it would not.

Not sure it does. A long tap/hold brings up the copy and paste options. In regard to split screen, we won't know how that will all work until they announce/release the feature, possibly in iOS 8.

J.O.D.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not have a problem with pasting menu, just with app switching. Two apps on the screen and copy/paste menu would fullfill my needs. Only time will tell...

Not sure it does. A long tap/hold brings up the copy and paste options. In regard to split screen, we won't know how that will all work until they announce/release the feature, possibly in iOS 8.

Most reactions