What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple bringing the LTE based iPad 3 and iPhone 5 next year

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad_and_iphone.jpg

So rumor has it that Apple might be preparing something steamy: the LTE-based iPad 3 and LTE-based iPhone 5. The first one is said to be arriving by summer 2012 and the latter in the fall. Nikkei Business claims that Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo has made a deal with Apple and has become the official distributor for these next-generation devices.

The report also claims that executives of the Japanese company already met up with Apple staff including with new CEO Tim Cook, at some point in November and discussed the issues related to the LTE enabled iDevices.

The iPhone date isn’t far fetched, as it would be a year later after the iPhone 4S launch. The iPad 3 launching in the summer might struck some as late, but it’s not that late, if you keep in mind that the date will enable Apple to gain access to second generation LTE chips.

What’s puzzling with these rumors is that Japan’s largest carrier, NTT DoCoMo has been selling its handsets through Apple’s rival carrier Softbank. Softbank used to have an exclusivity contract with Apple, but that went down the drain, when the Silicon Valley company launched its iPhone 4S. Since then Apple has partnered up with carrier KDDI.

The next iPhone will of course be sporting the Apple A6 SoC, which many experts seem to believe is carrying an in-house design with four ARM Cortex A 15 processing cores and an unknown graphic core. The iPad 3 on the other hand will reportedly house a higher-resolution display than its little brother the iPad 2, and some changes are going to be made to its pixel density. Still, this change might cause some brightness issues.

Source: itportal

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goal is to afford an iPad 3 in early 2013. And for my 2 to last me that long, of course.

If the 3 has a retina screen.... Man oh man.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using 4G/LTE on the iPad is like flying first class. It's very difficult to be relegated to coach once you get used to it. I use a 4G/LTE mobile hotspot from Verizon with my iPad and it provides near cable modem download speeds. Very addictive.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iDan said:
So rumor has it that Apple might be preparing something steamy: the LTE-based iPad 3 and LTE-based iPhone 5. The first one is said to be arriving by summer 2012 and the latter in the fall. Nikkei Business claims that Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo has made a deal with Apple and has become the official distributor for these next-generation devices.

The report also claims that executives of the Japanese company already met up with Apple staff including with new CEO Tim Cook, at some point in November and discussed the issues related to the LTE enabled iDevices.

The iPhone date isnÂ’t far fetched, as it would be a year later after the iPhone 4S launch. The iPad 3 launching in the summer might struck some as late, but itÂ’s not that late, if you keep in mind that the date will enable Apple to gain access to second generation LTE chips.

WhatÂ’s puzzling with these rumors is that JapanÂ’s largest carrier, NTT DoCoMo has been selling its handsets through AppleÂ’s rival carrier Softbank. Softbank used to have an exclusivity contract with Apple, but that went down the drain, when the Silicon Valley company launched its iPhone 4S. Since then Apple has partnered up with carrier KDDI.

The next iPhone will of course be sporting the Apple A6 SoC, which many experts seem to believe is carrying an in-house design with four ARM Cortex A 15 processing cores and an unknown graphic core. The iPad 3 on the other hand will reportedly house a higher-resolution display than its little brother the iPad 2, and some changes are going to be made to its pixel density. Still, this change might cause some brightness issues.

Source: itportal

By the time I am ready to upgrade which won't be until at least 2013 they will have something else better and faster lol. I can upgrade my iPad now (yeah right) according to Verizon since it was a gift lmao.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Using 4G/LTE on the iPad is like flying first class. It's very difficult to be relegated to coach once you get used to it. I use a 4G/LTE mobile hotspot from Verizon with my iPad and it provides near cable modem download speeds. Very addictive.

Like Cable modem on wifi or cable modem via computer?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Varies. I routinely get about 12-15mps and as high as 23-24mps. My reference is to a wifi connection to a cable modem.

Ahhh. I have access to that ;). No mifi though.

Most reactions

Latest posts