What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to watch movies?

raylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, another dumb question. I copied a couple of DVD's to my computer, copied them into Itunes, synced them to the Ipad, but how do I play them? Is there an app for this obviously there is or several)? Would someone give me a hint. Thanks

OP
R

raylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have a movie icon. That is what is confusing me. Maybe it got removed in sync or maybe it was never there(doubtful).

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The icon is videos and it works like a charm. I downloaded an old movie from iTunes to watch and found it easy to watch, but a little difficult to FF and Rew.

OP
R

raylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, It looks like my problem was that the movies did not actually sync. Doing that now. Thanks again.

Baksharp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Videos icon. Yes. That should do it. Another option is the wonderful free app Airvideo. It does live video streaming from your computer to Ipad. Enjoy!.

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Videos icon. Yes. That should do it. Another option is the wonderful free app Airvideo. It does live video streaming from your computer to Ipad. Enjoy!.

My bad guys, I meant to say videos icon. By the way, with air video app, if the movie has drm, it will not play. It will show a black screen.

Ian B

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you copy DVDs to the Mac/PC then rip it first and then copy the m4v file into iTunes.
Rightclick on the movie and in the tab information, you can edit cover, details etc.

jotex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What program did you use to rip it first. I use Mac the Ripper, but it doesn't give a m4v file.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to encode it after you rip it. Handbrake is a very good free program that has built in iPad profiles, so you can use that to encode your raw DVD rip to something the iPad can play.

jake1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to try Azul media player or another video player. It'll play a lot of file types that the built in player won't. It might save you the annoyance of having to use handbreak.

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I copy an .avi video file to iTunes and sync it to iPad? If not, what sort of file format can work or what other methods?

brets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Azul media player works well you just drag files into it in iTunes and it syncs it straight away

Most reactions