What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APP to make Phone calls?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean by belonging to a voip service? How else do you expect to make the call?

I use whistle, it's free but you have to listen to like a ten second ad before the call goes through

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For a minute I thought I was one of my Corvette forums. People there will spend $40-$50,000 (or more!!) for a car then ask, "Where can I buy the cheapest tires?"

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For a minute I thought I was one of my Corvette forums. People there will spend $40-$50,000 (or more!!) for a car then ask, "Where can I buy the cheapest tires?"
I hear ya....what is your username over there? Now that you've admitted to being a member, you should be well primed to hear C4 jokes.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear ya....what is your username over there? Now that you've admitted to being a member, you should be well primed to hear C4 jokes.
Like, "How do you double the value of a C4?"

"Fill the tank with gas!"

I have this same username on CorvetteActionCenter and CorvetteForum.com

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on a temporary vacation from there right now.
leaving.gif

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Like, "How do you double the value of a C4?"

"Fill the tank with gas!"

I have this same username on CorvetteActionCenter and CorvetteForum.com

How about.....

Q: How do you spot someone with a "look at me, I've got a Vette and I'm so cool" complex?

A: They use it as their username everywhere online including non corvette forums. ;-)

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Maybe it's just his hobby...ever think of that?

Being a former corvette owner I know better, and if you are a current owner you should as well. That's why I left the Vette "scene"... way to many egos.

I've been involved in many different car communities /clubs over the years, and the only group of egos that came close to the Vette owners are the Porsche owners.

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a former owner...I have a camaro ss now, i got rid of my vette about a year and a half ago...but I love cars so I can see someone using it as their screen name. No offense to the owner but were talking about a 20 year old relatively slow corvette, as corvettes go...I doubt he's bragging about it.

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
I owned 3 different vette's over the course of 20+ years. I've never met a bigger bunch of "Look at me! Look at me!" people in my life. I found roughly 10% of the owners own the car for the car, and the other 90% own it for the attention. As bad as other car clubs / communities can be with the egos, there is a reason why every single other automobile community laughs at the Vette owners.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I never really had any vette meets or anything. I just loved the car. Sadly it was black and in AZ it was just too much of a pain on the ass to keep it clean so i got rid of it.

Most reactions

Latest posts