What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store apps not updating

Can drill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16gb "new" IPad just updated to IOS6. On a wi-fi connection. I had a notification to update an app from the app. Store. When I tried to the app icon says waiting. It still says waiting hours later. I also tried to d/l another app, same thing - waiting. Been waiting 3 days for that one.

Hotkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16gb "new" IPad just updated to IOS6. On a wi-fi connection. I had a notification to update an app from the app. Store. When I tried to the app icon says waiting. It still says waiting hours later. I also tried to d/l another app, same thing - waiting. Been waiting 3 days for that one.

I've been having same issues with iPhone and iPad. Must be the Apple store problem. Probably overloaded. Find an/the ap that is trying to be updated. It will have a horizontal progress bar at the bottom of the ap icon. Tap it to "wait" and then tap again to "restart". That should get them all going again.

OP
C

Can drill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been having same issues with iPhone and iPad. Must be the Apple store problem. Probably overloaded. Find an/the ap that is trying to be updated. It will have a horizontal progress bar at the bottom of the ap icon. Tap it to "wait" and then tap again to "restart". That should get them all going again.

Thanks for the reply but that doesn't seem to have worked. The progress bar is still empty and it just says waiting......

Tapping the icon appeared to make no difference at all.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a question that may not be relevant. When I update apps I stay on the App Store update page and have not had problems. In iOS 5.1.1 I could close the page and updating would continue. Do you try to put updating in the background, and do something else while it continues?
I haven't seen the word waiting on any updates I've asked for.

OP
C

Can drill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Czevski said:
I have a question that may not be relevant. When I update apps I stay on the App Store update page and have not had problems. In iOS 5.1.1 I could close the page and updating would continue. Do you try to put updating in the background, and do something else while it continues?
I haven't seen the word waiting on any updates I've asked for.

Yes that is what I normally do. I have completely shut the iPad down and restarted it, yes I no something I should have tried first, and that has produced a message that the aps could not be downloaded at this time and cleared them. The original ap is still there and intact. I have since downloaded the ap for this forum successfully.

DungeonStory

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes that is what I normally do. I have completely shut the iPad down and restarted it, yes I no something I should have tried first, and that has produced a message that the aps could not be downloaded at this time and cleared them. The original ap is still there and intact. I have since downloaded the ap for this forum successfully.

That is weird, usually full shutdown and restart solves the problem!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Have a look at this thread for a reference to see if this helps. Seems like apps in iTunes could be the culprit. So by deleting those apps, such as podcasts-that will get your other apps to update.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/51757-apps-stuck-waiting-mode.html

Most reactions

Latest posts