What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App sorting

Madhatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just had a devastating - in my opinion at least - blow to my ipad2. I had apparently filled up the total amount of app pages - 10, I think - and tried to download a few more, which didn't download, and when I checked appstore again the button said "installed". So I started deleting a few apps I never used to make room. Apparently I shouldn't have done that, because the next thing that happened was that all my about 200 carefully sorted apps were resorted at random, some pages had gaps between apps in them, which made some apps which had been on the last page disappear out of sight (to the mysterious eleventh page...).

So now, in case something like this happens again, I am eagerly searching for some sort of app sorting device, which 1) has the ability to auto-tile the apps whenever I delete an app, so the ones to the right of it will follow automatically, and 2) has the ability to either reset to a previous app sorting setup or something similar function.

Is there a solution out there, or even one embedded in the OS that will work this problem out? :-/

I know about folders; I've started making folders as if my life depended on it now, but I still would like the auto-tile function and a save-function for app setups.

OP
M

Madhatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, and of course: how do I retrieve the "lost" apps?

robb100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't even get an app to move from one page to another. Any ideas? When I delete an app the other move up to its position. They stay in the same order just move up on that page.

Cpt.Case

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have you tried to tear it on the next page by keeping your finger on it? :)

OP
M

Madhatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In all fairness, I should say I got the disappeared apps back once I updated some apps in the appstore manager, and now that I've organized all the apps in categorized folders my problem is resolved. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts