What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App shopper

crispy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been browsing over the last couple of week through App shopper keeping an eye on app prices. I see that EA have a 48hr sale on at the moment on a few apps that I am interested in. The trouble is they only seem to be on sale in the USA app store and not the UK.

I am quite new to Itunes and buying apps, is this normal?

Cheers,

Chris

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, due to a variety of reasons (copyright issues, for example) some apps are only available in the US. There has been a fairly extensive discussion in this Forum as to how to get US apps and, as far as I recall, the consensus seems to be that there are two ways (a) you need a US credit card or (b) you need a US Apple gift card.

If you have a colleague/relative in the US then the easiest way is to persuade them to send you a US Apple gift card or (if they're really nice and trusting) let you use their credit card.

It's possible too to buy any US product in the UK; there are a number of websites that will allow you to order a US product (even if that product is not able to be shipped overseas by the vendor). Basically these companies provide a US address for you to enter into the US website's order form. The goods are then sent to the US address you've specified, where they are then re-addressed to you in the UK. It sounds complicated, but it works just fine.

Tim
Scotland

Recnepsecnoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is actually very normal, when I first came to apple it was ridiculous but you'll get used to it:) oh and, if u have questions about apps pm me asap if you have any question concerning what application to buy thx:)

OP
C

crispy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank for the responses.

I had not got as far as to notice that apps are avilible in the US but not in the UK. Something else for me to think about when I go to the states, buy some gift cards.

What I meant and should have written was that the same app in the US store was in the sale for 48hrs but not in the uk. Is this normal?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - this is quite normal. Typically the US app store will respond to national events - such as national holidays - to announce special offers and sales. The same will happen on all the national app stores.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts