What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App review censorship?

Mistergizmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've submitted reviews of several apps, all of which have been posted...except one. It was on Target's app for the iPad, where I mentioned (in non-derogatory terms) that WalMart and K-Mart might want to take notice and develop their own apps, given Target's success. I submitted the review twice, using slightly different words, and neither one has appeared. Interestingly, another reviewer mentioned Best Buy in a similar context, and that one passed the censor.

This makes me wonder: What are Apple's rules for censoring reviews that contain corporate names?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it hard to find my reviews... I think sometimes they get mixed up. I wish there was an easy way to edit or see what I have posted in the past.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it was censored. It is possible that when you hit send it didn't I would say just resubmit it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be that they hold some that have keywords to manually check them...then once they see its cool they post it. I know it has to have some keyword filters or else the review section would not be very family friendly!!

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I find my reviews usually appear after several minutes. I suspect there is some moderation. I doubt the do much deleting unless there is profanity. From what I've seen they are pretty open.

OP
M

Mistergizmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is possible that when you hit send it didn't I would say just resubmit it.

I've submitted the review twice, using slightly different words, and neither has appeared (there are only a couple dozen reviews, so it's not hard to look through them for mine). I submitted one a week or so ago, and another a couple of days ago.

All the other reviews I've submitted -- ranging from one star to five stars -- have been posted, usually within minutes, always within a day. And, yes, I do press the "submit" button. In fact, when I tried to write a third review just now, it brought up my second one to edit, so Apple does have it; it never got posted, but is sitting in some sort of never-never land at Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts