What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App rental

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
Here's my cunning plan.
How about an app that lets you rent other apps?
I know it sounds crazy but just hear me out.
You want an app that lets you work with various documents whether they be text, spreadsheets, presentations etc. or maybe you want an app that will let you use your imagination to paint a picture. In fact, anything where there are lots of apps that might fit the bill but you don't know which one to get.
BINGO!!!
Download this one App and tell it what kind of app you are looking for. It scuttles off to search the App store and comes back with 10 apps. Then you use the "Collector" app to pay a rental fee of say £5 to use the apps for a month while you decide which is the best one to actually buy.

Is there a downside to that idea that anyone can see?
Get to it all you keyboard wizards. :D

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a downside to that idea that anyone can see?
Yes - I can find several problems.

1. Apple may not allow you to do this. Apps are encrypted with DRM to work in specified iTune accounts only.
  2. Apps are often so cheap people may decide to buy outright.
  3. Some hackers can strip DRM from your apps and make them available in underworld appstores :D
  4. People can already do it anyway. Apple allows you to get a refund if you don't like any app.

Most reactions

Latest posts