What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App like Belarc Advisor for component list

Johnhpower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the most recent version of the Ipad Pro 12.9. Is there an app that will analyze all of its components and generate a list?

Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have the most recent version of the Ipad Pro 12.9. Is there an app that will analyze all of its components and generate a list?

Hi John........ - first, welcome to the forum! :) Second, you must be just coming from the Windows world and now entering an alternate Universe, i.e. Apple hardware/software - I had to look up Belarc Advisor (pic below for those, including me, not familiar w/ the product). Apple's iPadOS is a 'sandboxed' operating system that hides much from the user and does not allow a lot of hardware investigation.

There is no single app that will do what you want relative to the information gathered in 'one place' like the Belarc Advisor - I can only provide a few examples and hopefully others will add comments. There are a handful of apps that will do some 'hardware listing & testing'; one of several on my iPad Pro is Benchmark 5 (see second pic below; available from the app store). The battery apps are limited but if you have a Mac computer, the Coconut Battery provides more important information, such as 'battery health' & 'cycle count'.

As to your network, there are are plenty of scanning/analyzer apps, e.g. some on my device are IT Tools, Net-Toolbox, Net Analyzer, Fing, & Network Tools - again a search of the App Store will bring up many. Installed software (size & data storage) can be easily seen in Settings > General > iPad Storage.

Viruses do not exist in the iOS world, so not a concern, but browser adware, hijacking, etc. can occur - there are many browsers other than Safari, and a number that offer no tracking and anonymous browsing; also if you want VPN, a number work on the iPad. Let me stop there - much to learn and digest - and again others will come along to support and add to my comments. Dave

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 10.44.11 AM.png
IMG_1888.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts