What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apollo–Browser Lets You Browse the Web and Facebook Chat at Same Time

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Apollo.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Apollo–Browser w/FB chat is a new free tabbed iPad browser app from Voyager Technology that claims to be the “first and only†app to let the user browse the web and Facebook chat at the same time, so you won’t have to miss any of that vital chat when you’re browsing! The Facebook chat box is situated in the bottom right corner of the browser, just as on your computer browser, and all you have to do is log in to your Facebook account to start chatting and browsing. If you want to have more than one chat ongoing at the same time, you can open up new chat tabs and swipe to switch between them. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It’s actually quite a nice little browser even if you’re not interested in the integrated Facebook chat element, which is presumably why it was recently featured as New and Noteworthy in the App Store. It keeps it very simple, uncluttered and clean, with just four buttons on the top toolbar, and tabs that you switch between by swiping, and the default colour is that nice Facebook blue. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For some reason you have to be 17+ to download the browser. I can’t actually see why that might be so, but just to point that out. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Click here to download the free app: Apollo-Browser w/FB chat for iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: Voyager Technology, iTunes[/FONT]

stevenwireless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nice review

Maura,thanks a lot !

btw, the app is 17+ because all third party browser apps have to be rated like this:(

all feedbacks are welcome! and here are sneak peaks to our next version, there is a video popup feature:

62f9f21d.png

d94de4c9.png

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, that browser does look nice. I might try it. I already have have 4, so what's 1 more, lol. :D

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Maura,thanks a lot !

btw, the app is 17+ because all third party browser apps have to be rated like this:(

all feedbacks are welcome! and here are sneak peaks to our next version, there is a video popup feature:

You're welcome! It's a cool browser. Thanks for explaining about the 17+, rating, I didn't realise.

Clockwork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice indeed! I also notices I could copy a text in some site that was just impossible using native safari.

I would recommend to consider supporting some good stuff supported by other browser. It seems every brows has it's own pros but something that does it all would be perfect, and most things are pretty straight forward I presume:

- full screen browsing mode
- split multiple windows
- configurabe gestures
- download power. It would be best if we could select which program co-related to the downloaded file.

Thanks!

stevenwireless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura,thanks a lot !

You're welcome! It's a cool browser. Thanks for explaining about the 17+, rating, I didn't realise.

this piece is the first one of Apollo Browser:0 and maybe your piece bring us some luck, apollo just passed apple review!

now you can use web/video split screen, we're the first on iPad to make this feature !!!

stevenwireless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice indeed! I also notices I could copy a text in some site that was just impossible using native safari.

I would recommend to consider supporting some good stuff supported by other browser. It seems every brows has it's own pros but something that does it all would be perfect, and most things are pretty straight forward I presume:

- full screen browsing mode
- split multiple windows
- configurabe gestures
- download power. It would be best if we could select which program co-related to the downloaded file.

Thanks!

great feedbacks!

full screen- I do not like how other browsers are doing this, if we do this, it will be real full screen. not one button on screen. all depend on gesture

split window - upgrade to 1.3 right now! you can split between web and window. and may I ask what use case do you have in mind for two web window splitting ? just wondering

configure gesture - we really do not like more settings. what gestures do you have in mind?

download - now we are talking:) it's about done, will release in ver 1.4

stevenwireless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here is a user review:

Seriously never use safari anymore. I love how htis doesn't try to over complicate everything like other apps. Just make everything convenient and perfect.Looking very forward to updates, already loving the video player now. if they keep up updates like that it, I will love it even more. Maybe add ability to upload Facebook photo? Anyways, just thank you for this, definitely best app on my iPad

Clockwork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the respond, here are some more comments:

-Google search results color seems a bit too light blue. they are less light/shiny blue on the regular browser.

-support of bookmarks import from safari would be very useful. One of the chalanges of a new browser is to get the user recreating his bookmarks.

-using a 4/5 fingers zoom in gesture could be nice for full screen mode. a semi transparent button to exit full screen mode could be used (because zoom out with 4/5 fingers is used by the os...)

-Regarding multiple windows: it seems useful when I use a piano application and like to have another web window with a music sheets. however, the piano is not a web app, so I splitting the web windows won't help. Is there an API to setup the geometry of the browser window to be non full size? I presume Apple would not allow such mode but technically, is it possible? Another option is to have the application frame as some kind of desktop, and allow opening both regular applications and browser windows side by size inside this desktop frame.

Anyway, generally, supporting mini windows on the ipad seems neat (even if they are all inside the browser). it would make it look more like a computer and less like a big iPhone.

-a gesture to close current tab would be nice; Gesture to get a thumbnail list of all current open tabs would also work.

Thanks!

Clockwork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bug I just encountered: trying to post reply in ipadforms does not allow me to enter text into the text box. I can type I to the topic panel but not to the message body box.

Other then that another suggestion would be to reload current page if user sketch a circle with the finger, but not sure if you can recognize such a gesture.

Most reactions

Latest posts