What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here use the iPad 2 with apple's wirless keyboard?

laura331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, not the case with the built in keyboard, but the silver Apple wirless keyboard. How does that work out for you?

joeinblu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it and I like it very much. It's larger than the case/keyboard combination so typing is easier. I use mine with the Incase Origami Workstation and like the combination because I only bring it if I plan on doing a lot of typing.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works well. I only take it with me if I plan to do a lot of typing so that works out. I know it would be nice to have the combo case since it would always be available but I find that many times I like to use my ipad just folding it back. If the combo case is on it, it becomes bulky and awkward.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As the other posters stated, if you need to do a lot of typing (e.g. long email responses, office type apps, such as iWork's Pages, etc.), then the on-screen touch keyboard is just a nuisance to use.

I've used the Apple BT keyboard w/o a problem - prop up the iPad on an inexpensive stand that folds and is easily packed (shown below) - I usually use my iPad2 for non-data entry so prefer the keyboard to be a separate option.

41VXqSrbEsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Slayerific

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works great. All the special buttons are supported too, like brightness, play skip and pause, increase and decrease volume, eject key hides and shows onscreen keyboard etc. Also copy and paste shortcuts on cmd + x/c etc

Most reactions