What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone feel that ipad3 battery dropping faster than ipad2?

Vishal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I felt that it's dropping faster than iPad 2
It came with 90% at 11am, then I was using it continuously till 1:30 pm, It was 59% at 1:30pm
Battery dropped 31% in 2:30 hrs is it normal? I just downloaded apps and sync music from iTunes by cable, then I was just playing around with it
Note-- I have 32gb wifi only model No 4g

Last edited:

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got mine going. I plan on using it for a while then recharging to see. May need to do a full battery cycle some time soon...

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad power seems to be dropping about 5% per hour an hour and a half of that was LTE

Sent on the new iPad via dictation

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely dropping faster here.

Charged it to 100% once I got it home, then used it sporadically off the charger. Now, only an hour or so of being completely off charge, it's down to 55%.

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only use my 4G the LTE maybe 10 or 15 minutes of the time versus time I've been on my home Wi-Fi
But I have been downloading nothing but videos off of YouTube and streaming content from Netflix

Sent from my new iPad using the dictation assistant

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I'm still trying to train my dictation assistant to recognize my speech patterns

Last post should have said that I'm using my 4G LTE maybe 10 to 15 minutes the rest of the time I have been on my Wi-Fi

For my location here in Charlotte North Carolina my AT&T LTE download speeds are averaging 20 Mb second Down and 3 to 7 meg upload

Redbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue. My 2 year old 1st generation iPad has better battery life than new iPad 3. I found that Setting Time Zone (Settings -> Location Services -> System Services) keeps seeking location information. I haven't tested this yet but this could be the cause.

Update: I've already calibrated the battery once but I see no difference.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my battery seems to run down faster and also take longer to charge up. the new iPad needs a higher powered charger.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed the opposite my iPad one used to charge very quickly and also ran down very quickly. My iPad 3 takes a long time to charge, longer than the iPad 1, but it also takes the forever to run down, the battery life is superb

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using mine about 3 hours on and off today and now am sitting at about 77% charge. Though it did take a few days where it seemed to be dropping much faster. Second day it dropped 20% in just an hour then slowed the drop. Now it seems stable throughout.

ssilver10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With my iPad, it seems that the battery is even LONGER than my previous iPad 2! We all have to remember that LTE will drain the battery quicker than the WiFi model. I have a 32 GB WiFi iPad 3 and it is amazing.

trwatson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be quality control issues in battery manufacturing, some better or stronger than others. Probably more directly related to individual users' patterns of usage regarding push notifications, apps, graphics details, screen brightness, audio and music usage and settings. I plan to continue monitoring this issue before upgrading to iPad 3. Thanks for information in this thread.

OP
Vishal

Vishal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i returned my ipad3 just after 2 days it launched and got new one other day, new one looks better

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vishal said:
Well i returned my ipad3 just after 2 days it launched and got new one other day, new one looks better

Let us know how the battery is on the new one.

Most reactions

Latest posts