What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else missing Safari app?

jaded1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my ipad Mini last Wednesday night at the local Target (amazed that they had any in store) and I noticed that after setting up and restoring from icloud, that the Safari icon was missing from the lower bar. I've reset the machine a few times and it does not reappear. I was able to get the chrome app downloaded and have been using it. It does not open up any links I click on in emails or anywhere else. I have looked into the settings tab and there is no listing of Safari in the scroll down of apps/ functions. I did a spotlight search and didn't find it either. Does anyone else have this problem and / or what do I do? Thank you in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Two possibilities. It is hiding somewhere else on the home screen, or in a folder. A thorough search is in order. Or you've turned it off in Settings > General > Restrictions. (if you turn on restrictions be sure not to forget the passcode you set).

If it's on the home screen (or folder) and you want it back in the bar, tap and hold on any icon until they all start to jiggle. Drab the Safari icon to the bar. The bar can hold up to six icons. If there are already six there you'll need to drag one out of the bar first.

Be careful not to apt the small (x) that appears int eh corner of some of the icons. This is how you delete an app. Safari can not be deleted, so there will be no (x) on it's icon.

OP
J

jaded1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Two possibilities. It is hiding somewhere else on the home screen, or in a folder. A thorough search is in order. Or you've turned it off in Settings > General > Restrictions. (if you turn on restrictions be sure not to forget the passcode you set).

If it's on the home screen (or folder) and you want it back in the bar, tap and hold on any icon until they all start to jiggle. Drab the Safari icon to the bar. The bar can hold up to six icons. If there are already six there you'll need to drag one out of the bar first.

Be careful not to apt the small (x) that appears int eh corner of some of the icons. This is how you delete an app. Safari can not be deleted, so there will be no (x) on it's icon.

Yes, the restriction was in place by default. I set the pass code to allow it and it appears again. Thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts