What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone addicted to buying cases for their iPad 2

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to know if anyone has the same issue with buying cases. I have three on them right now. I can't seem to find the right case. All of them seem to have specific features that I'm looking for but not everything I want.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SporkLover said:
Nope. Buying cases is a pricey venture :)

I agree. I don't have the issue but I want to be able to buy any case I want. I consider them clothes for a baby and I want my baby to always look her best.

mikesong0323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't buy many (yet), but I hope to be satisfied with my leather smart cover and marware microshell... If the damn thing will ship already!

OP
M

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a hard plastic one off of eBay for like ten bucks and cut out where the hinge for the smart cover would go. I did it because I got tired of waiting for people to ship their back covers.

mikesong0323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matt1226 said:
I bought a hard plastic one off of eBay for like ten bucks and cut out where the hinge for the smart cover would go. I did it because I got tired of waiting for people to ship their back covers.

Hey, I'm interested in what you did. The shipping date for my marware microshell from adorama.com has been pushed back to April 30th now :(
Would you give me a link to the eBay seller?
Maybe a pic of your set up too? :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Matt1226 said:
I want to know if anyone has the same issue with buying cases. I have three on them right now. I can't seem to find the right case. All of them seem to have specific features that I'm looking for but not everything I want.

Yes! I settled on the zaggmate with barely there case by case mate to cover the back. My Zaggmate for Ipad 2 hasn't arrived yet (so my Ipad hasn't left the house), but hopefully it will soon. I've researched countless cases. I decide to make a list of what I wanted and prioritize. That's how I settled on the two I have.

Anything Ipad 2 related is fun...including agonizing over cases.

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha. I think Apple have done a great job with the Smart Cover but it has left a lot of us with headaches of how to protect the reverse. Maybe it's time to stop treating it like a baby... but keeping it in top condition does also allow for easy resale when the next one comes out!

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this helps, I have ordered one of these. It was posted same day from USA but being shipped to me in Spain. It looms perfect so here's hoping

Anyway here is the link.. If the link works...

BLACK SMART COVER COMPANION TPU CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2 on eBay (end time 04-May-11 23:41:08 BST)

Hey Rich can u send me pics or do a small review on this when you get it. I was looking at this earlier but wasnt sure if the case is one that stays on ipad snug or is one of those silicon type cases that have a loose fit.

Thanks

Tom811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread spells trouble for me. I thought I was satisfied with my smart cover and juststickit skin for the back, but that eBay cover is looking pretty good.

Most reactions

Latest posts