What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any word on Printing?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I wish we could do with the iPhone is to print documents to a wireless device on a wireless network.

Is there any word that printing be possible on an iPad?

I remember reading somewhere that printing will be possible...maybe not at launch, but they have announced a special way to handle printing.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything official regarding printing. Do you remember where you read that printing will be possible? Any chance you can find a link?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything official regarding printing. Do you remember where you read that printing will be possible? Any chance you can find a link?

i'll see if i can find it...i want to say it was something i read in my reader feed...so it could be from any number of sources. It could possibly have been about Chrome OS too....lol

iWant!

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There are iPhone apps that already can print.
As the iPad can run iPhone apps, it can potentially print before you even get it in your hands!

You can read about it here. :D

jimbo1mcm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Active Print?

This app is supposed to be able to print from the Ipad. We'll see. There might be some native printing embedded in Iwork Pages

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an HP Photo print app on my iPhone to directly print 4x6 pictures on our HP via wifi so it seems to me that it should be able to do a 8 1/2 x 11 without much problem. Just not there yet but would make sense for iWork apps.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are iPhone apps that already can print.
As the iPad can run iPhone apps, it can potentially print before you even get it in your hands!

You can read about it here. :D
Thanks. I would like to see it built into the OS though. I understand why the functionality isn't present on an iPhone. I think for an iPad it is much more important.

Most reactions