What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to restore a beta 3 backup on beta 2?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need the 3G FaceTime. And it's it problem downgrading, it's the restoring from backup. My only backup is from the ios 6 beta 3, and I don't want to lose all my game data and such. Anyone know of a way? I've even tried the iCloud backup restore, but it just gave me an error. Or any way to manually backup all my files (note I'm not jailbroken).

Thanks in advance!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not much that can be done. When the format of the backup changes (as it is prone to do during a beta of a new major version of IOS), you can't "downgrade" the restore process to a previous version. I'm sorry, it's a beta for developers for a reason! You are not supposed to be using it on a device where the data is important!
Apple advise developers to take an IOS5 backup using iTunes or iCloud before you move to IOS6 so that you always have a restore option available.

You won't be able to get on the device and manually backup files since the device isn't jailbroken, and even then, manually backing up all your saved games is complex, time consuming, and something you would have to research on a game by game basis.

Not much help really :(

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Feared as much. Thanks for your help though

Most reactions

Latest posts