What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to get Wifi Through Droid X?

Martin9752

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I am anxiously awaiting my Ipad for xmas. I was wondering if I would be able to tether or something from my droid x so I can get access where ever I am. I really dont want to jailbreak the ipad so is there a way to do this without jailbraking? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you can either pay for the tethering or you can root it and use wireless tether. I doubt I am allowed to go into specifics but you are free to search google or a droid x specific forum.

bigb0ss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dude use "z4 Root" and then download wireless tether from market...and watch magic at its best!

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you need to ROOT your droid. after that, pair it with your iPad and you are good to go.

bigb0ss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
google Z4root..and go on ur droid x...and download it from the browser and unzip the file....also check out youtube vids on it...very simple setup

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a rooted DroidX with Wireless Tether installed. For some reason, even tho it shows up on my iPad as being on, I can't get it to work. It says it can't open the websites because the iPad is not connected to the internet. What do I need to do in order to use it?

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realize we are limited in what we can say, but if any of you have knowledge of wireless tethering....please send a private message. Thanks

Grdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If and when I get Wireless Tether to work, will it use up the minutes in my phone plan?

Actually, no it doesn't. If you use wireless tether for root, it uses the unlimited data plan that is on your phone as if you are using the web browser on your phone.

If you use the paid-for 3G hotspot app, then it uses a separate 2gb limit.

If you use a hard-wired USb tether, then it uses an unwritten 5gb limit.

None of these uses any plan voice minutes. If you need more proof, call up verizon and ask them if using data on your phone's web browser takes up phone minutes, they will tell you no. The wireless tether for root app is the same as using your phone's browser.

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok i have a rooted D2 right now ant I use wireless tethering to my ipad all the time at school...your tethering using your data not your phone minutes so as long as you have unlimited data you can tether all day and night I no guys on other forums that use 10-15gb of data a month tethering

dodgersrgood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a rooted DroidX with Wireless Tether installed. For some reason, even tho it shows up on my iPad as being on, I can't get it to work. It says it can't open the websites because the iPad is not connected to the internet. What do I need to do in order to use it?

Ihad this problem with wireless tether. Get barnacle from the market. Works great.

Most reactions

Latest posts