What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any reviews on app called kyCVwy ?

siteplan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone ever use this app? I want to have my resume handy at all times and looking for a resume/cover letter app. If you guys have experience using this app, please share your reviews. Thanks

Appnotie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Siteplan,

I'm a member of the team which developed the kyCVwy app. If you have any questions regarding the app before purchasing it, I will be pleased to answer. If you want to see more screen or example of what you can do with it, please let me know.

Have a nice day

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Appnotie said:
Hi Siteplan,

I'm a member of the team which developed the kyCVwy app. If you have any questions regarding the app before purchasing it, I will be pleased to answer. If you want to see more screen or example of what you can do with it, please let me know.

Have a nice day

Sounds good and I am interested. Will it allow the attachment of the resume and cover letter while responding to a Job web site via the site, which is not an email?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
S

siteplan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Siteplan,

Have a nice day

Hi Appnotie,

Yes, I have a lot of questions.
1. Does it have customizable templates ?
2. Can it import/export to .doc or .PDF ?
3. Can I use it to write cover letters ?
4. Can I save multiple resumes and cover letters?
5. Can I "Open In.." my resume with other apps?
6. Can I email my resume and cover letter from the app?
7. Can I combine my resume and cover letter in one .PDF ?

And yes, please post screen caps of its capabilities and what it can do.

Thanks in advance, I'll post more questions as soon as I can think of them.

Appnotie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Here are the answers to your questions :
1) It doesn't have customizable templates. You have in the present version the choice between 5 templates. More will come with the next versions.
2) You can't import Resumes in the app. You can export Resumes only in PDF format.
3) Yes you can write your Cover Letters directly in the App
4) Yes you can save as many Resumes and Cover Letters as you need
5) Yes you can "Open In.." other apps that can open PDF files like iBooks
6) Yes you can email your resume and your cover letter from the app. You can choose to send them alone or together.
7) No you cannot combine a resume and a cover letter into one file.

I will post screenshots later but you can find the most interesting on the app page on iTunes.

Have a nice day

Appnotie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appnotie said:
Hi Siteplan,

Have a nice day

Sounds good and I am interested. Will it allow the attachment of the resume and cover letter while responding to a Job web site via the site, which is not an email?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Hi,

The problem with responding via a site with an iPhone or an iPad, is that the iPhone/iPad doesn't allow you to go through your documents and attach a file. So there is nothing much an app can do.

OP
S

siteplan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Here are the answers to your questions :
1) It doesn't have customizable templates. You have in the present version the choice between 5 templates. More will come with the next versions.
2) You can't import Resumes in the app. You can export Resumes only in PDF format.
3) Yes you can write your Cover Letters directly in the App
4) Yes you can save as many Resumes and Cover Letters as you need
5) Yes you can "Open In.." other apps that can open PDF files like iBooks
6) Yes you can email your resume and your cover letter from the app. You can choose to send them alone or together.
7) No you cannot combine a resume and a cover letter into one file.

I will post screenshots later but you can find the most interesting on the app page on iTunes.

Have a nice day

Thanks Appnotie,

I'm looking forward to those screenshots. Also one more question: is there a spell check in the app?

Most reactions

Latest posts