What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any red Smart Cover owners?

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am awed by it and think it will look amazing with my black iPad 2.
I have the black leather Smart Cover and love it.
Life is too short and therefore must have it.:D
Wondering about the so called "bleeding color" and "easily stained" stories.
I recognize it is leather, can stain, age, scratch and so forth.
To me, that is all a neat part of a natural material and goes with the territory, with time.
I just don't want it to have it look like crap overnight for $69.

OP
Blueface

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put a red one on their sample ~ looked great and would look better on a black one!

It is so sexy.
Problem is all I have read about folks wiping it down and the color bleeding.
As for staining, I think they are referring to what I would consider wear on leather, which to me goes with the territory as it is a natural porous material.
I have to have it but want to hear feedback first out of curiosity.
Besides, part of proceeds go to good cause.

Specialk0449

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the red smart cover a few days after launch day. I take my iPad2 to work and other places often. Mine has held up extremely well. No scratches, bleeding or other issues. It looks great on my black iPad. I have used it on my white iPad as well. It is my favorite smart cover.

I like the fact that the proceeds go to a nice cause.

OP
Blueface

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the red smart cover a few days after launch day. I take my iPad2 to work and other places often. Mine has held up extremely well. No scratches, bleeding or other issues. It looks great on my black iPad. I have used it on my white iPad as well. It is my favorite smart cover.

I really didnt need much shoving.:D
You sold me.

Called my local Apple store earlier today and told in stock.
Will be there tomorrow when they open.

Thanks for the push.;)

Specialk0449

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You sold me.

Thanks for the push.;)

I hope that you enjoy it! Normally navy is my favorite color but the red smart cover looks great on the black iPad.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one still in package unopened...I been using my cream for now then will switch over at some point.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You sold me.

Thanks for the push.;)

I hope that you enjoy it! Normally navy is my favorite color but the red smart cover looks great on the black iPad.

It's a great red. Yeah, it's expen$ive. Yeah, the leather shows wear - which is an advantage in my opinion but YMMV. The only problem with them is that Apple can't keep them in stock in most stores! :D

Azvjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one and I love it. That being said, it definitely bleeds. I used A good high quality leather cleaner (lexol) after a minor stain and the cloth and my hands were pink after cleaning the cover. There was no noticeable reduction in color after I cleaned it so I wasn't at all concerned.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the black cover but was thinking about the red one too.

Most reactions

Latest posts