What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Keyboard Changes?

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know a lot of people were hoping for keyboard choices (e.g., directional arrows and numbers on the first keyboard page), but it doesn't look like the now OS has added any options. Is that right and if so are there any keyboard apps that can change the design of the keyboard?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can hardly believe they haven't done something about the cr&ppy keyboard. It is ridiculous that we still have to flip between 3 screens to get all the characters/symbols, and there aren't any arrow keys... :mad:

OP
R

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can hardly believe they haven't done something about the cr&ppy keyboard. It is ridiculous that we still have to flip between 3 screens to get all the characters/symbols, and there aren't any arrow keys... :mad:
So I guess that means nothing was done - that's really ridiculous. I just don't understand why they can't add it as an option.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is even more surprising is that with the advances in keyboard technology on Android like grammar based prediction (SwiftKey) and pattern based typing (Swype) that Apple hasn't made any changes to the iOS keyboard at all. In technology if you stand still you fall behind. Apple needs to start making some changes, or open the platform up to third party developers.

Reaction score
I read on Swype forums that they approached Apple with their product before and were told no thanks by Apple

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seems like a cydia app someone should invest time into. i have an app that corrects the case on the keyboard. if they can access that and change it, it seems like the keyboard could be altered and replaced. i dunno.

i come from android as a background so no experience with the iOS sdk from any perspective, root access or otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two alternative keyboards that I found in the app store
V12 Keyboard and Radial
One appears to be a proof of concept and the other has the ability to move what you type into an email message
But if these can be made and make it into the app store someone should be able to make a real replacement for the soft keyboard
There might not be enough apps with the hooks necessary to accept the input from an alternate source

Savage.Winlock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would love to see a new onscreen keyboard

I would love to see a new onscreen keyboard resembling to an iPad with auto words recognition.

I know a lot of people were hoping for keyboard choices (e.g., directional arrows and numbers on the first keyboard page), but it doesn't look like the now OS has added any options. Is that right and if so are there any keyboard apps that can change the design of the keyboard?

Most reactions

Latest posts