What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any body ever buy a Refurbished iPad 2 from apple

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was just looking the apple website they have a Refurbished iPad 2 with Wi-Fi 32GB for 499.
thats 100 dollars off shoudl i buy it or waite for ipad 3

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've not bought a refurbished iPad 2 but I have a refurb iPad 1 along with a refurb MacBook, both were excellent buys and aside from the box they come in they were indistinguishable from new......I'd recommend any Apple refurb.

The Archangel

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I've not bought a refurbished iPad 2 but I have a refurb iPad 1 along with a refurb MacBook, both were excellent buys and aside from the box they come in they were indistinguishable from new......I'd recommend any Apple refurb.

The Archangel

Is there a big difference in price ?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Is there a big difference in price ?

It varies, you just need to keep an eye on the refurbished section on Apple.com store page. I've had some pretty decent discounts.

The Archangel

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a refurbished MacBook Air. Works great.

If you can wait, you'll see a price reduction on iPad 2 once the iPad 3 is released. Perhaps even before the actual release. We should get an announcement in Feb.

bavaro125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my refurbished Ipad2 10 days ago. 16g wi-fi+3G. It came packaged just as a brand new one would. The only difference you will notice is the shipping box. It states refubished unit. Apple installs a new back and battery after it passes their QC. It carries the same warranty as a new one. So far everything works as advertised, why wouldn"t it? and if not back to apple it goes.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bavaro125 said:
I just got my refurbished Ipad2 10 days ago. 16g wi-fi+3G. It came packaged just as a brand new one would. The only difference you will notice is the shipping box. It states refubished unit. Apple installs a new back and battery after it passes their QC. It carries the same warranty as a new one. So far everything works as advertised, why wouldn"t it? and if not back to apple it goes.

Cool!!

PFCGino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted a refurb and called Apple to enquiry. Bubba there helpful as he was said they had none in stock. 2 weeks later out of the blue Bubba called me saying they had one of the exact ones I wanted in stock as a refurbished product!

Great customer service and a great product. It's as new as far as I'm concerned

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mr.Woppit said:
Apple does great with their refurbished products.
I would suggest always buying a refurbished iPad over a new one.

What is the difference in price?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got my refurb on monday. ipad2 / 64gb / wifi+3g. indistinguishable from new. very happy, so far.

@tbaker... price discount on the ipad2s looks to be $80-100 across the line of models. ipad1 models are really limited, but discount is higher. price will probably drop once the ipad3 is officially announced or at least when they start to ship.

Discount Prices on Refurbished iPad and iPad Accessories - Apple Store (U.S.)

ziggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been looking for a refurbished ipad2, 32gb, WiFi only, on the Apple Store site for over two months. there have been none listsed. Is it going to be an impossible task to get one from Apple?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ziggs said:
I have been looking for a refurbished ipad2, 32gb, WiFi only, on the Apple Store site for over two months. there have been none listsed. Is it going to be an impossible task to get one from Apple?

You just need to keep trying, in the UK they normally have some listed........don't give up.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts