What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any App that lists iPad content with memory allocation ?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Windows you just run Explorer ( I personally love Total Commander) , and you get a list of all your files with their corresponding memory size.
So Simple.

But how about the iPAD ?

My 32 Gig is running out of memory.
Got 5 Gig left.
I have lots of Applications.
Before I clear some unused one I'll prefer to delete the once holding too much space.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In iOS the apps are isolated ('sandboxed') so one app cannot see another app's filespace, files or other attributes. So it would be impossible - in a non-jailbroken iPad - for any app to be able to list the filespace occupied by the various apps on the iPad. Only iOS has access to this information.

Tim

OP
peled

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have a JailBreaked iPAD.
Do you know what Progie can do that ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a Cydia app you can use to view the apps and their sizes: AppInfo:

Has tabs to review AppStore, Packages, Springboard and iPod. You touch a category and then the app and can see all kinds of info. For example, with Angry Birds, you can see version, folder (that incredibly long and incomprehensible number that shows in iFile), Id, iOS required, IconFile, IconFiles, Name, Author, [AppStore] section, price ... and more. Then, AppInfo can calculate the size of the app or open it in iFile or the AppStore.

The cool thing is that in the iPod tab, you can view a lot of information on any songs you have loaded.

I've barely scratched the surface of what this tweak can do. Oh, and the best part? It's free!

Hope this is what you mean/are looking for.

Marilyn

OP
peled

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a Cydia app you can use to view the apps and their sizes: AppInfo:

Has tabs to review AppStore, Packages, Springboard and iPod. You touch a category and then the app and can see all kinds of info. For example, with Angry Birds, you can see version, folder (that incredibly long and incomprehensible number that shows in iFile), Id, iOS required, IconFile, IconFiles, Name, Author, [AppStore] section, price ... and more. Then, AppInfo can calculate the size of the app or open it in iFile or the AppStore.

The cool thing is that in the iPod tab, you can view a lot of information on any songs you have loaded.

I've barely scratched the surface of what this tweak can do. Oh, and the best part? It's free!

Hope this is what you mean/are looking for.

Marilyn

Thank you.
Just the program I was looking for.
Even though it is for iPhone - Still works great on iPAD.
Already found out one thieve - "FlipBoard - Stilling from me 705 MBytes

Attachments

• flipboard.jpg
    flipboard.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 351

Most reactions

Latest posts