What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Answered-questions popups

disclamatory

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new here and I have spent a lot of time on Search trying to get rid of the annoying popup "answered-questions" which follows me everywhere. I figure it has been dealt with somewhere, but can't find a solution. Please help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed it too and it's just started today. I'm sure Admin will be onto this - it's very very persistent and very very annoying and will quickly send people away. If you have the iCab browser, you can set a filter

http://mm.chi*

Tim

OP
D

disclamatory

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks...It has been driving me to distraction
I guess Search did not turn up anything because it is so new?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It certainly wasn't there last night (I'm in the UK) so it's come up overnight. I've sent a message to Admin to ask them to fix it quickly before it drives everyone crazy.

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few of us have it. I had it all last night! I think Rambler gave it to me, he was whining about it then I got it.

Then I was whining too.:D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Members have been commenting about it in several posts; I hope Admin fix it soon. Perhaps iPF has been hacked??

Tim

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I had it all last night! I think Rambler gave it to me

I haven't given you anything Marie LOL but I would be most pleased if we can sort it!
I use the standard browser with I pad, so not sure about icab or how to set a block up for a certain site, I've checked settings and found nothing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn and Marie confused....:D

You can't block this pop-up in Safari but if you have iCab you can set a filter to block it very effectively. You'll see the URL I gave above - just type that in as a user-defined filter in iCab and you'll not see that pop-up again.

Plus - an added bonus - iCab can pretend it's not an iPad so you don't have to suffer that dreadful new Google search results interface they've just rolled out.

New Google Search experience for tablets - Official Google Mobile Blog

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only browsers I've tried are Safari (of course), iSwifter, Opera and iCab.

I chose iCab (it's only £1.49) because several Members had recommended it. It's certainly a lot better than iSwifter and Opera, in my opinion. It's infinitely configurable and the Developer seems to be committed to the app.

There are a few minor 'niggles' with it...

but it has a Safari-like GUI, so you're not confronted with something entirely alien. You can download and *upload* files, there's no stupid 20MB limit on 3G etc.

Tim

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
its ok col is confused as well what pop up is it a new drink///......???? I have no idea what I am suppose to deal with here lol can some one show me or is it only on PC's not macs

Most reactions

Latest posts