What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another satnav question

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, sorry to bother you all again. I have been looking at satnav apps for the iPad. I am currently using nav free and it has been fine for short journeys but I wonder if there is anything better? I was wondering in particular about one which can tell you if there are traffic problems and navigate round them. I had a look and the paid ones are pretty expensive, and I'm not sure that I would be gaining all that much over the free version. If anyone has any experience with any of the paid versions, then please could you let me know?

By the way I am in the UK if that helps, and I only really need UK maps and very occasionally European ones (holidays once a year!)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TomTom have their HD Traffic option (in-app purchase) which guides you around traffic jams but, as you suggest, it's expensive!! I've got a regular (non-iPad) TomTom unit and it *is* good and the HD option works well and has 'saved me' a couple of times, but it's difficult to justify the cost.

If you're constantly travelling in congested areas, it's probably a different matter but there aren't too many traffic jams in the area of Scotland where I live....

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts