What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another question

tucsonstan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I hook up my pad to my laptop, in the upper right corner is says "not charging". I thought it was supposed to also charge through your computer when hooked up, not just by the ac charger. Do I have some setting not correct? Thanks folks for all your support. :)

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I charge the iPad with the wall charger and use the computer to sync. If you search "not charging", you'll find numerous posts exposing why.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I hook up my pad to my laptop, in the upper right corner is says "not charging". I thought it was supposed to also charge through your computer when hooked up, not just by the ac charger. Do I have some setting not correct? Thanks folks for all your support. :)

The iPAD needs almost 2 AMP s to charge.
The normal PC USB can't provide that current.

But

There is a program I am using that does the trick called "AiChargerAP"
It is "Asus USB Charger 1.00.06"

Works great. But nevertheless, it is recommended to use only external charger .
I used mine on the LAP Top just as a 2nd choice.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of saying, "Not Charging", it should say, "Charging, but really slowly". The thing to be careful of when keeping your iPad hooked up to your computer, especially if its a laptop is that if you have the power saver mode set to put the computer to sleep or in hibernation mode, it will (in most cases) stop charging your iPad. I have my main PC set to shut off the monitor after a certain length of time, but the computer itself always stays on.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of saying, "Not Charging", it should say, "Charging, but really slowly".

That would be cool. Nice one C4.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of saying, "Not Charging", it should say, "Charging, but really slowly".

That would be cool. Nice one C4.

Must be a plist we can edit somewhere to enable this cool hack! I'm off to search for it now...

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine does not consume battery while plugged into my computers USB. And yesterday I noticed it added like 3% after Bout 6 hours. So reallynslow is a real understatement. Lol

Nate

OP
T

tucsonstan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well thanks folks for the reply's. I have been using the ac charger to crank her up to full. Didn't realize the pad needs that much juice to charge from a pc. Gotta love this forum! :)

Last edited:

Most reactions