What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another iPad 2 wifi restore issue from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3

Dreamscapeuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm really hoping someone can help me. I was on 4.3.3 and did the jailbreakme with everything running fine. Stupidly I installed iusers today and after creating a new user I was locked out with no passwords working!

I thought I could restore by iPad from the iTunes backup but got upgraded to 4.3.4 and i'm hoping my shs blobs got auto saved on Cydia. When I try to restore back to 4.3.3 Ipsw file it won't let me as it checks with Apple server and then I get an error saying failed :(

Please tell me I ca somehow restore back to 4.3.3 even though I didn't physically save the blobs. I didn't get an option on Cydia and it did say 4.3.3 at the top of of Cydia.

Can anyone give me some instruction please? I've been searching for a while and can't find anything.

Many thanks in advance

Arfan

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm really hoping someone can help me. I was on 4.3.3 and did the jailbreakme with everything running fine. Stupidly I installed iusers today and after creating a new user I was locked out with no passwords working!

I thought I could restore by iPad from the iTunes backup but got upgraded to 4.3.4 and i'm hoping my shs blobs got auto saved on Cydia. When I try to restore back to 4.3.3 Ipsw file it won't let me as it checks with Apple server and then I get an error saying failed :(

Please tell me I ca somehow restore back to 4.3.3 even though I didn't physically save the blobs. I didn't get an option on Cydia and it did say 4.3.3 at the top of of Cydia.

Can anyone give me some instruction please? I've been searching for a while and can't find anything.

Many thanks in advance

Arfan

read post #3 in link

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/39910-help-jailbreaking-friends-ipad1-4-3-2-a.html

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use tiny umbrella and under the advanced tab click the "set hosts to Cydia on exit" and close tiny. Reboot and try again.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use tiny umbrella and under the advanced tab click the "set hosts to Cydia on exit" and close tiny. Reboot and try again.

not yet, try to save shsh blobs first, since you might get the chance.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
not yet, try to save shsh blobs first, since you might get the chance.

Since Cydia usually autosaves blobs, do what I said. Apple stopped 4.3.3 so what you want to do is impossible.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep it friendly guys. Both methods will work and both methods are just a variation of the same thing.
Both will work perfectly for the OP based on the information provided.

- routing hosts to Cydia - OK
- saving blobs from Cydia to TU and starting TSS Server - OK

No need to duke it out... :)

OP
D

Dreamscapeuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys, thanks for that. I just checked and do have my blobs for 4.3.3 now saved on my pc from tiny umbrella. How do I restore it to 4.3.3 with this now?

OP
D

Dreamscapeuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will say though that I'm not familiar with tiny umbrella and don't want to screw things like my baseband up. I'd opt for the easiest solution if possible. :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok guys, thanks for that. I just checked and do have my blobs for 4.3.3 now saved on my pc from tiny umbrella. How do I restore it to 4.3.3 with this now?

Just go to this sticky and follow the directions: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...815-how-downgrade-your-ipad-ios-firmware.html

Since you already have your blobs on your PC, you can skip steps 1 through 5. Start with step 6, getting an official version of iOS 4.3.3. Make sure it's the one for your specific iPad.

The directions from then on are relatively straight-forward (thanks again, Leigh, for creating such awesome tutorials!). However, if you need some help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Marilyn

OP
D

Dreamscapeuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys, thanks for that. I just checked and do have my blobs for 4.3.3 now saved on my pc from tiny umbrella.

this is what i was aiming for.

Thanks but I'm just trying to restore 4.3.3 and getting a failure error still. Here's what I tried:

1) I changed TU settings to save all shsh, set hosts to Cydia on exit, request shsh from Cydia and then closed TU and restarted the iPad. Then went back to iTunes to restore 4.3.3 ISPw from iclarified, didn't work.

2) started tss server on TU , went to iTunes and tried restore same error.

Is this not the way to do it?

Any help will ne really appreciated.

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dreamscapeuk said:
Thanks but I'm just trying to restore 4.3.3 and getting a failure error still. Here's what I tried:

1) I changed TU settings to save all shsh, set hosts to Cydia on exit, request shsh from Cydia and then closed TU and restarted the iPad. Then went back to iTunes to restore 4.3.3 ISPw from iclarified, didn't work.

2) started tss server on TU , went to iTunes and tried restore same error.

Is this not the way to do it?

Any help will ne really appreciated.

Put iPad in dfu mode first then restore with 4.3.3

Most reactions

Latest posts