What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Apple newb

Drek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Subject sums it all up. I had an iPod Nano 3rd Generation but lost it, went out and bought an iPod Touch 4th Generation and fell in love with the GUI. I've been a Windows/Linux guy for my entire life/career and am now jumping to Apple. As stated I own an iPod Touch 4th Generation and plan on replacing my Droid X with an iPhone 4s in January. Soon to add to the tech stable is an iPad 2 and maybe a Macbook Pro in a year or so. Anyway, I'm a Network Engineer and spend my days doing network implementation and design. I love my job and my family. That's all I got to say about that...

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Way to go on switching from Droid X to iPhone 4S. I have a Galaxy S (the crappy one aka the Verizon version) and am replacing it with the 4S two weeks from tomorrow. Could not be happier. Welcome to iOS!

Hiarcs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Way to go on switching from Droid X to iPhone 4S. I have a Galaxy S (the crappy one aka the Verizon version) and am replacing it with the 4S two weeks from tomorrow. Could not be happier. Welcome to iOS!

Way to go indeed!:thumbs:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drek said:
Subject sums it all up. I had an iPod Nano 3rd Generation but lost it, went out and bought an iPod Touch 4th Generation and fell in love with the GUI. I've been a Windows/Linux guy for my entire life/career and am now jumping to Apple. As stated I own an iPod Touch 4th Generation and plan on replacing my Droid X with an iPhone 4s in January. Soon to add to the tech stable is an iPad 2 and maybe a Macbook Pro in a year or so. Anyway, I'm a Network Engineer and spend my days doing network implementation and design. I love my job and my family. That's all I got to say about that...

Welcome to ipf,

It always brings a smile to my face when someone jumps ships to Apple. Well done! :)

Regards,
Chays

Most reactions

Latest posts