What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angry Birds HD on iPad Gets Long-Awaited Mighty Eagle Upgrade

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eyig_V-_5o[/ame]​

The long-awaited and much-teased and hinted-at new Mighty Eagle upgrade for Angry Birds HD has finally surfaced in the iPad App Store, Tech Radar reports. The Angry Birds HD 1.5.0 update, “Ham ‘Em Highâ€, gives users the ability to purchase the Mighty Eagle in-app for £0.59/$0.99. They can then call in the Mighty Eagle to help decimate those chuckling pigs if they’re struggling on a particular level. The Mighty Eagle is a one-time purchase, so you’ll be able to use it over and over again once it’s replenished itself. Have to say though, many comments in the App Store are from people who are a bit angry at having to pay extra for said Mighty Eagle and who also point out that you can’t even see the Eagle when he/she appears. This could be a controversial move from Rovio at the end of a stellar year for them. Still, let’s look on the bright side for now, as other goodies featured in the update include a new theme in the Frontier Badlands, 15 new levels, a new golden egg and Game Center support. You can always ignore the Mighty Eagle if it gets your feathers all ruffled!

You can download Angry Birds HD complete with the new update for Ă‚ÂŁ2.99/$4.99 by clicking here: Angry Birds HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Angry Birds Mighty Eagle character lands on iPad | News | TechRadar UK

PatrickTGM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a good thing that you are only allowed to use the Mighty Eagle once an hour. It seems like a drastic measure, but if you would be able to use it every time you wanted, there wouldn't be too much left to this game. Still, an awesome addition!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to admit, as a casual user of Angry Birds - I bought and used this eagle just to get off a level I was stuck on. I don't care about the points, so this was nice.

BTW, I am a casual user because I got/get stuck. Maybe this'll help me keep interest..

Marilyn

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think its a great addition. It also brings another mission to accomplish, you try to get a % of destruction, the more % the more points. I love it!

p.s. Anybody know how to turn off the notification that says the Eagle is available again?

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the eagle would help getting 3 stars on certain levels. Now I see it's another challenge to get to. Oh well. More fun for .99 cents.

Most reactions