What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angry Birds HD Gets A Major iPad Update

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Angry Birds HD update 1.3.4 from Chillingo is live now in the iTunes App Store, and it’s a big one! If you’re not already familiar with one of the most popular and addictive iPhone and now iPad games, Angry Birds features a load of birds who are, um, angry, because some dastardly green pigs have stolen their eggs. Players must use the birds’ destructive powers to destroy the pigs’ castles.

This latest update brings the iPad version in line with the iPhone one, adding a new bird, 45 new levels, three new themes, golden eggs, sweep menus, a crystal update and new achievements. The update also fixes any bugs associated with the HD version of the game, including crashes that some players have been experiencing on the iPad.

To celebrate the new update, Chillingo and Rovio are also launching a competition to win one iPad a week for the next three weeks. For the first week, all you have to do is follow Chillingo at Chillingo (chillingo) on Twitter, re-tweet the contest post on your own Twitter, submit a sketch of a new Angry Birds level to [email protected], and then sit back and wait for Chillingo and Rovio to hopefully choose you as the winner of an iPad. Don’t hang about though, as the contest ends at 6pm PT on Friday July 9th.

Source: Chillingo

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently, a patch is on its way. I got the touch version, so its not worth the extra to upgrade.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No more crashes on my wife's version after the patch. I never had an issue for some reason.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish mine was buggy....then I might stop playing it so much! I downloaded the iPod touch version to use on my iPad and it is fine.

Mayo7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After completing the first 20 or so levels it stopped working. It crashes and goes back to the home screen right when i open the app.

katt-DC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After completing the first 20 or so levels it stopped working. It crashes and goes back to the home screen right when i open the app.

I'm hitting that, too. It just refuses to load.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh haven't the stamina to reach level twenty.
Bought it since it was so highly rated, but my two year old gets more out of it than I do......

milimako

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have loved this game since I first got it on my iphone and without hesitation bought this for my new iPad.

1) I was surprised at the major cost difference between the iPhone version and iPad version.
2) not only was there an extra cost but there is 1/3 of the amount of levels... So in effect I have payed more to get less. I'm guessing that there will be more levels coming along shortly, but that's still no excuse.
3) the graphics on the iPad version are much superior to that on the iPhone.
4) level of skill required also increases as there is more room for margin on the iPad, which creates an incredibly frustrating fun time :)
5) I am hoping that there will be some iPad specific levels which would make paying the extra money worth while in the long run.
6) yes you can use your iPhone app on the iPad still, but the graphics are no where near as good.

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
Same as a few others have mentioned. The angry birds app looks like it's going to launch and then bring my back to springboard screen. Tried a few times and nothing.

I've had it for about a month now and this is the first time it's crapped out on me. Restarted the iPad and still not working. I haven't yet tried re-syncing to my iTunes, but I will tonight. I'm hoping that fixes whatever the issue is.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never had issues.
I was wondering how the kids got the extra levels.

BlueCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
turn off the wifi and try it again...

Tried with no success. I even deleted app and reinstalled (losing all my progress). Worked for about 25 levels and did same thing again. Incredibly frustrating. iPad restart didn't help either.

Most reactions