What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anemic photo input

Dbolen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am flabbergasted at the inadequate treatment of photos input via the Apple SD reader. All it provides is the ability to upload the pics (if I'm understanding correctly.) My 'old' Palm TX does far better. It allows one to view pics individually (full screen) or as a slide show. All the iPad allows is for me to view thumbnails or upload.

Has Apple just taken a giant step backward or am I missing some secret technique?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open up Photos, you see thumbnails, double tap on thumbnails, viola, full screen pictures, tap upper right corner, tap box with sweeping arrow pointing right. setup slide show and from then on, just tap Slideshow. If you want folders, move your pictures into a folder under My Pictures (PC) and then make the folders you want, then transfer them back to iPad. Or use an app like "Photo-Sort HD", so you can sort and put them into folders on the iPad itself.

OP
D

Dbolen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wished that were true

Thanks for trying to help PocoBear.
What you described works for Photos
already residing on an iPad but does
not work for me when working with
an SD card (in the iPad reader).

Eg., if I double click on a thumbnail,
it only checks & unchecks it. Does
not open it; does not permit slideshow.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course if you import them, you can do those things, but, if you just want to review them before you import them, all you get are thumbnails. That would be a nice feature to have. I just import them and delete what I don't want. However if you just want to look at them and not import them, no dice.

ATTENTION APP developers, here's your chance to make an app that many photographers would love. Or, maybe you already have. If so, lets us know.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The photo app is currently very primitive and frankly not a lot of use. We can only hope that they improve it with the iPad 2.
It's only good to review a days take or display a slideshow but little else atm..

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it was primarily aimed at people that want to load it up with travel or grand kids pictures and bore people to death with them. I just load it up with travel pictures so my wife can show everyone where she's been. Strangely enough about 30 to 40 % are actually interested? LOL;)

Most reactions