What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android tethering with ipad 2

pilkeith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to tether an Android phone such as a Samsung Galaxy S II to an iPad to enable sharing of the 3G data services on my phone contract?

Thanks

timsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pilkeith said:
Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to tether an Android phone such as a Samsung Galaxy S II to an iPad to enable sharing of the 3G data services on my phone contract?

Thanks

I did it with my HTC Desire and it worked fine.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I did it just the other day. (I use a Samsung galaxy S2 as well). To tether, go into settings. Then tap wireless and network. Then scroll down till you see 'tethering and portable hotspot'. Tap that and then press portable wifi hotspot setting. It may bring up a dialogue (you might as well skip reading it). Thetap configure portable wifi hotspot. And enter any name and password you wish to use. Save this and then press the box with the tick next to 'portable wifi hotspot' to turn it on. It'll probably warn you that is uses a lot of battery power etc. and there you have it. To connect on another device such as your iPad just go into settings, then wifi and then tap the name of the hotspot you created and put in the password you used.
Good luck :).

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

dunc9268

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an app called"quick wifi" makes your android a wifi hot spot

Most reactions